06/04 - LEARNING the ART of CRITICAL THINKING
LEARNING the Art of CRITICAL THINKING
Friday. June 4, 2021
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Member Rate: $65 Non-Member Rate: $90
The Training will be a Zoom Meeting webinar Each registrant will receive the Zoom link and handouts on Thursday, June 3rd.
Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action. In its exemplary form, it is based on universal intellectual values that transcend subject matter divisions: clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, sound evidence, good reasons, depth, breadth, and fairness.
- Describe what critical thinking is and explain why it is valuable in making decisions.
- Understand critical thinking as it pertains to the workplace.
- Describe and apply the basics of strategic reasoning and problem solving.
- Explore the importance of raising vital questions and problems, formulating them clearly. and precisely
- Learn how to gather and assess relevant information, using abstract ideas to interpret it Effectively.
- Understand how to think open-mindedly within alternative systems of thought, recognizing and assessing, as need be, assumptions, implications, and practical consequences.
- Learn key steps to communicate effectively with others in figuring out solutions to complex problems.
- Understand the process of systematic problem solving.
- Identify and overcome barriers to critical thinking that can stall decision making.
- Explore the value of thinking Outside-the-Box: Challenging the Premise (What if? What other?)
In this course real world examples are shared during exercises to illustrate how to effectively utilize critical thinking methods.
Facilitator: Karen Jacobs brings over 30 years of expertise in Training, Management, Marketing, Strategic Planning, Market Research, Leadership Coaching and Process Improvement. She is a partner of The Integrity Team, Inc. a full-service training and coaching organization focusing on growth of individuals and their organizations. She is an independent consultant for DuPont Sustainable Solutions. Previously, she was a Director with over 110 matrixed employees with a Fortune 200 Gas and Electric Public Utility. She has specific experience in leading organizational change, conflict resolution, problem solving, and implementation of strategic service initiatives.
- June 4, 2021
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Zoom Meeting Webinar
- A 48-hour cancellation notice for refund is required. To request a cancellation, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense.
In order to register for a training or event you must first setup an account with MD Works.
(Already have an account? Please login below.)