08-24-Managing Up, Down and Across
Managing Up, Down and Across
Monday, August 24, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Managing Up is the art of building relationships by using effective
communication to understand, anticipate, and manage expectations.
Managing Up, Down and Across is the everyday tool for building better relationships, seeing what’s needed and managing actions to get results. In today’s fast-paced society, learning the art of communication, relationship management and anticipating needs at every level are essential to succeed in the workplace and maintain a sense of balance and control.
This all-day training workshop will teach participants the skills to set and manage expectations using effective communication to proactively identify what’s needed, and how to respond to others in a positive, win-win focused manner. Skills covered will include “reading between the lines” to understand what isn’t said, understanding other’s perspective and how it impacts you, as well as how to use this information to create the “Big Picture.”
- Learning to recognize communication barriers and how to remove them
- Developing a listening strategy to understand the perspectives of others
- Building and maintaining working relationships using effective communication
- Learning practical steps to build and improve anticipation skills
- Identifying expectations of others and how to respond using planning and communication
- Learning to communicate your expectations with others to achieve goals
- Using communication to break down walls and barriers for effective relationships
Who should attend: People at any organizational level who want to improve communication with others to build rapport, understanding and managing the expectations of others.
Training Facilitator: Karen Jacobs brings over 30 years of expertise in Training, Management, Marketing, Strategic Planning, Market Research, Leadership Coaching and Process Improvement. She is a partner of The Integrity Team, Inc. a full-service training and coaching organization focusing on growth of individuals and their organizations. She is an independent consultant for DuPont Sustainable Solutions and has advanced to Director Level with over 110 matrixed employees in a previous position with a Fortune 200 Gas and Electric Public Utility. She has specific experience in leading organizational change, conflict resolution, problem solving, and implementation of strategic service initiatives.
- August 24, 2020
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- A 48-hour cancellation notice for refund is required. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense.
In order to register for a training or event you must first setup an account with MD Works.
(Already have an account? Please login below.)