09/10 - Employment Law Legislative Update & Regulatory Update
EMPLOYMENT LAW LEGISLATIVE & REGULATORY UPDATE
This training will provide an overview of the latest legislative, regulatory, and legal decisions and actions that are impacting employment policies, practices and procedures including and not limited to:
- COVID-19: The latest workplace rules and guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), EEOC, CDC, OSHA, and IRS as well as workers compensation, unemployment insurance benefits, and more.
- Managing Return-to-Work, Disability and Leave: Tips for managing COVID-19 and disability related absences; plus, a review of the US. DOL’s July 2020 Request for Information on FMLA administration, use and paid leave; in addition to a review of the new FMLA leave forms and notices.
- Wage and Hour Update: What are the latest trends since the new overtime rule took effect January 1, 2020?
- Workplace Discrimination, Harassment, Bullying and Retaliation: Review the National Labor Relations Board’s July 21st ruling and how employers can navigate myriad laws addressing workplace civility.
- On the Horizon: Maryland has at least five (5) new employment laws that will take effect October 1st – learn what they are and how they may impact your policies, practices and procedures, as well as what may be on the horizon for 2021.
Facilitator: Christine V. Walters, JD, MAS, SHRM-SCP, SPHR brings a unique perspective and rare combination of more than 25 years practical experience in management, human resources administration, employment law practice and teaching. Ms. Walters has been interviewed and quoted in a variety of media including television, radio and print media. Her first book, "From Hello to Goodbye: Proactive Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations" was one of the publisher's (SHRM) "Great 8" best-sellers list for five consecutive years!
- September 10, 2020
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Zoom Meeting Webinar
- A 48-hour cancellation notice for refund is required. To request a cancellation, please send your request to email@example.com. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense.
In order to register for a training or event you must first setup an account with MD Works.
(Already have an account? Please login below.)