7/15 - Free for Members! Peer-to-Peer Learning Community Round Table Discussion: Self-Care for the Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Peer-to-Peer Learning Community
Round Table Discussion
Self-Care for the Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Thursday, July 15, 2021
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Member Rate: Free Non-Member Rate: $90.00
The Peer-to-Peer Learning Community Round Table Discussion Will be conducted as a Zoom Meeting.
The work of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) is physically, emotionally, and spiritually draining and as a result, we must practice ongoing nurturing of self-care. We are all faced with unique challenges and no two people have the same self-care needs; however, we must each make an intentional investment in caring for ourselves if we are to care for others.
During this in-depth discussion, you will receive knowledge and insights that will inform you of self-care practices to help you support others in the midst of a crisis.
The Round Table Discussion will cover:
- Emergency Self-Care - When we are in the midst of a crisis, we most likely won't have the time to create effective coping strategies to support ourselves. In this session, we will identify our unique self-care needs in times of distress and a plan to effectively meet those needs.
- No More Tolerations - What are you tolerating in your life right now? In this session, we will identify current habits & daily routines that are depleting our energy and not enriching our life. We will identify the cost of those tolerations to our well-being and 4 options for minimizing or eliminating them.
- Values Light the Way - “A value is a way of being or believing that you hold as most important.” Brene Brown In times of struggle and difficulty, our values can light the way. In this session, we will identify our core values and how they can shed light on our path in the most challenging of circumstances. We will identify red flag behaviors that reflect we have lost our way and identify life experiences where we embodied our most important values.
- Your Personal Vision & Life Purpose - In this session, we will discuss the importance of having a personal vision and life purpose and how this relates to self-care. We will explore and journal about our strengths, our passions, and the positive impact we want to make on the world.
Training Facilitator: Amy K. Stumme, Certified Professional Co-Active Coach Specializes in creating dynamic learning experiences that help people and organizations become more engaged, collaborative, and resilient. Amy develops & teaches interactive workshops to develop leaders, deepen engagement and enhance well-being. Her topics include Strengths-Based Leadership, Developing Strengths-Based Teams, The Principles of Strategic Thinking & Facilitation, Foundational Coaching Skills for Managers & Team Leaders, The 7 Principles of Fierce Conversations, Developing Resilience in Times of Stress and Elevating Emotional Intelligence. Amy has partnered with and supported over 65 organizations, businesses, and nonprofits in Maryland, the United States, and Canada by providing strategic planning, visioning, and facilitation services.
- July 15, 2021
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Zoom Meeting Webinar
- A 48-hour cancellation notice for refund is required. To request a cancellation, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense.
In order to register for a training or event you must first setup an account with MD Works.
(Already have an account? Please login below.)