Programs, Services & Initiatives
Our services enable our individual professionals and nonprofit corporate members to increase the quality of the services they offer.
Our Services Include:
- Professional Development Opportunities
To help our members build capacity, Maryland Works offers cutting edge classroom training and online training courses with some of our training modules offering Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Our training programs are recognized by the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (NAWDP) which will allow Workforce Development Professionals the ability to receive their Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP) credentials by attending training workshops at Maryland Works.
- Public Policy, Education & Advocacy
Maryland Works is the leading organization advocating to create and expand employment, increase economic and entrepreneurship opportunities for people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities are able to receive proper job training in order to help them maintain steady employment. Maryland Works is a visible and distinguished public policy organization that ensures that all people with disabilities have a right to meaningful, integrated employment.
- Networking and Partnership Opportunities
Maryland Works training and events are perfect venues for our members to come together to network, meet with employers and share best practices. We value our partnerships with nationally renowned experts and other prominent organizations to bring technical assistance and training to our members. Our partnership with the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council provides customized technical assistance to community service providers to help them transform their agencies by building, expanding and sustaining effective skills, capacity and competencies by being awarded Transforming & Improving Practices through Customized Technical Assistance Grants, also known as TIP Grants.
Our Programs & Initiatives:
- We are organized into three programs that provide services and support for organizations, career counseling professionals, and individuals with disabilities.
- The Provider Network is comprised of nonprofit community-based organizations that offer quality training, employment, and other services for people with disabilities.
- The Workforce Network is made up of a wide range of workforce development and other career counseling professionals.
- The Employment Works Program creates quality employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities while providing the State of Maryland with high-quality services and commodities
- The Center for Excellence in the Employment of People with Disabilities an initiative of Maryland Works provides information on employment options and resources for people with disabilities and their families, Community Service Providers and our community partners. The Center identifies the needs of Community Service Providers and professionals in the context of systems change. The Center provides cutting edge training and direct technical assistance aimed at expanding employment and business ownership opportunities for individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment.